Jul 25, 2011

Feature: The Stylish Planner and My Stylish wardrobe

Last week I was incredibly honored to be featured on The Stylish Planner, feeling like I am a.) an amazing planner and b.) stylish, it seems only fitting that I share this write up about yours truly and in the spirit of sharing also share with you a few snapshots of my closet. While it may not be the prettiest walk in you've ever seen it's highly organized and designed each season by a feature pattern. A feature pattern is a pattern I've fallen in love. This year I fell in love with a leopard pattern and have it in the shirt, scarf, and skirt! My closet is kept neat and fresh by only allowing the things I truly love and wear to be in the space.

Feature Article:



Photo by: Henry and Masci Photography



Photo by: George Rivera Photography

Name:  Phebe L.

Location:  Lowell, Massachusetts       

Company Name:  Making ME Event Planning Firm       

Number of years in business:  1       

Website:  www.makingmeepf.com       

Blog:  www.makingmeepf.blogspot.com       

Twitter handle:  @Makingmeepf       

If you are a wedding and event professional other than a planner, please describe your product or service.  We are an event planning firm in love with all things vintage that focuses on planning, design, and vintage place settings.       

How would you describe your personal style?  Casual and elegant with fun and playful layers. My wardrobe and personal style are always ever changing and I’m inspired by a myriad of colors, the warmth of summer, cool of winter, and crispness of the fall and spring.       

What is your “go-to” meeting attire?  A tailored blazer paired with a shirt with a lovely pattern and skinny jeans paired with adorable flats. When appropriate I love to pair this with a fun scarf.       

What is your “go-to” evening industry event attire? (i.e., associational meeting, vendor or venue open house, etc.)  I love a great black cocktail dress! My personal favorite Shoshanna, Rachel Roy, or Mark and James by Badgley Mischika.       

What is your attire for wedding/event day set-up?  Black Tights and ruffled top paired with my favorite Ann Taylor flats.       

What is your attire for actual wedding/event?  A black dress, with Kitten heels!       

What style and brand of shoes do you wear on wedding/event days?  Ann Taylor flats (Set up) and Ann Taylor Kitten heels (actual event).       

Tell us about your favorite jeans and why you love them.     I have a great pair of skinny jeans from The Gap that I LOVE, they have just the right amount of give in them and they are so versatile and can be worn with a blazer, scarf, flats or even heels.       

Who is your favorite celebrity style icon and why?  Sanaa Lathan, this girl KNOWS how to wear a dress, but can easily glam up a simple pair of jeans with a fluttery top and a gorgeous accessory.       

Please share with us (in 50 words or less) your favorite style tip:  Keep it simple! Your wardrobe is filled with every day pieces that can easily translate into making your wardrobe fabulous. Think jewelry, scarves, and shoes. You can make a skirt, jeans, or legging look like a million bucks paired with the right accessory.       

What would you like people to know about you that they may not discover just by viewing your website or blog?  When I was really little I was convinced that I wanted to be a Chef.  My sister and I would play cooking show with our pretend Julia Child voices for hours…we secretly still play cooking show when I’m home except now we really cook!  Oh yes and of course we still use our “Julia” voice-ha!  Ok so maybe I use my “Julia” voice every time I cook!       

What is your most treasured possession?  Old family photos of the women in my family that go back 3 generations. The women in my family all had a strong entrepreneurial spirit, seeing them is a reminder to me of the woman I’d like to become.       

What message would you like to convey to others in our industry?  Don’t be afraid to do something different! We’re in an industry that demands creativity and out of the box thinking.     


Now for pictures of my closet........






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011