Feb 1, 2011

What kind of coffee drinker are you? Dunkin Donuts vs. Starbucks


Remember back in the day when you gave no thought to where you’d go to get your coffee? Or even the kind of coffee you’d order? It was simple, medium regular, and it tasted just the way you liked it. Nowadays you read what seems like a novel of a menu and try to decipher between a latte, a cappuccino, an espresso, or even an “iced” coffee drink.

As soon as I moved to Massachusetts I quickly realized which fans I now lived near, Dunkin Donuts. Anywhere I went I was sure to see a “Dunks”, as the locals like to call it. I had to know what was up with their loyalty and again it was simple, dunks had remained the same since its opening. They’re in the business of coffee and that is that! Now to be fair and still true to those in the Starbucks camp I had to ask why they were so loyal (p.s. Phebe is totally in the Starbucks camp!). Their loyalty came from much more than the coffee it was the come and stay a while vibe you get after ordering from a barista.

So the ever growing debate continues. Which camp are you in?

Today only we’d love to reward our fifteenth comment with a free $5 gift card to the camp you’re in.


Amanda

1 comment:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011