Aug 14, 2012

Proud Business Owner!

I can't believe I'm "double posting" today, oh blog how I've missed you!

It's been two years since I've started my business and looking back at this experience and onward into my future, it's been amazing. Year 1 was all about building my business, year 2 was about refining my style, and going into year 3 has become about building my brand. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this business has changed me. It's allowed me to truly shine in a light that I could have never imagined, I've had the opportunity to work with the most talented clients I've ever met and become their day of coordinator and in the fall I will have had the opportunity to completely design a wedding. I've been featured in wonderful blogs and have certainly proven myself in a competitive industry, but admittedly I still have down days and doubts if this industry will eat me alive.

If you own a business and haven't questioned if you're good enough, talented enough, creative enough, and ready to be that 1 in 5 businesses that still stands after 5 years than you're lucky! I've thought all of these things and more and that's honestly what keeps me going.  When I've been on my feet for 16 hours I still find the strength to write, to shop for more plates to added to my well curated collection, and to reach out to my colleagues in hopes of working together again. It's work, it's a lot of work, it's the hardest work I've ever done, but I know hard work pays off. Today I was brought to tears knowing that the hard work I put in many months ago will be featured in an online digital magazine featuring my design, plates and work. My heart is swollen with gratitude.

All of the beautiful images that you will see came from Shawnea of, Don't FRETT Photography and the two of us can't wait to share the edition with you when it's out!

For now, I'm going to keep a lid on where you'll see our work but please do continue to show your love and support! I'm positive we'll both be filling up your news feed with the most amazing real weddings and inspiration you've ever seen.


1 comment:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011