Aug 14, 2012

Queen DIY Headboard (Creating your headboard) Part 2

Before you begin reading this post, check out the materials you'll need here! Whew ok, so you've hung in there with me, downloaded the Jo Ann's fabric App, and you're now ready to put your headboard together. Awesome!

Right about now I'm wishing I had taken more pictures while I was creating this, but I was super focused.

1.) Before you begin this project you'll want to make sure that you've covered all of your buttons with the coordinating fabric that you'll be using on your headboard. You should have done this using the cover button kit. Don't worry it's self explanatory!

2) Now that you're looking at your pegboard decide where you want your buttons to go. I used a black marker to indicate where my 9  buttons would be. I first counted the number of holes-found the middle-and then the outer edges. Basically you want to make sure your buttons line up on either side of your headboard.

3.) Measure out your foam, cut-adhesive-apply the foam to your peg board.

4.) Cover it with batting stapling all around your peg board

5.) Stand up your peg board (or drape across a saw horse if you have one) and begin wrapping the fabric around your peg board. I had my handy bf help with this part. I ONLY secured a few areas on each side with the staple gun just to hold the fabric in place. Remember you haven't added your buttons so don't pull too tightly on either side!

6.) Thread your loooooooooong upholstery needle with the upholstery thread-loop your button in and place through the foam until you located your marked area on the other side. Be patient this may take a few minutes.

7.) Once you've found it pull VERY tightly and staple! Try going in a zip-zag motion avoiding the other holes

8.) All of your buttons have gone through ,and you're exhausted, hang in there...2 steps away from beautiful!

9.) Secure your top-bottom-and sides, pulling tightly and securing by stapling.

10.) Admire your work...you've made it!

**You can certainly secure this to your wall-bed-or simply lean against the wall. It's very simple. Now for my one and only picture and finished product. I hope you enjoy!

Here's the only before picture I captured.....





And Here's the final product! I can absolutely see myself doing another post juuuuuuuust about bedding so stay tuned.





2 comments:

  1. Per usual your creativity has jump started mine! So many ideas to bring new life into my house- can't wait to start crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I can't wait to hear about your DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011