Dec 31, 2012

I'm ready for 2013: Word of the year


2012, where did the year go? This year has been filled with so many good surprises...I moved my business into an even more competitive market including clients from Dolce and Gabbana, I traveled for brides and clients alike to here..there...and everywhere, photoshoots landed me in some of the top 100 blogs in the wedding industry, I turned 30 and I saw the world as a little more fabulous, I painted everything I could find gold, I watched my sister marry her husband, fell even more madly in love with my beau and doggie Oliver, and began the process of rebranding. While I'd like to reflect on all of the good things I can't help but remember the heartbreaks of 2012.  This year I lost my dearest Nell (grandmother) and the pain of that loss was so great that I didn't think I could find the strength to continue running this business, I buried my head in the sand when it came to blogging and twitter, and more than anything I just felt lost and overwhelmed. The reality is I was busy, sometimes too busy to slow down and far too busy to quiet my mind, running MME and working a full time job was exhausting and at different points during the year it felt almost impossible.

So In 2013 I've decided to choose one word for the year, a reminder if you will of something that I need to do. My word for 2013 is Cherish.  I chose this word because loosing Nell reminded me of how much I need to cherish the people that are in my life, I need to get closer to God and answer the calling I've felt toward my faith, I need to cherish the opportunities that I've been so divinely blessed with, and lastly I need to cherish me more this year....

2013 is going to be a year of change for me, my life, my beau, my oliver, and MME, there are a lot of unclear roads and paths that I'm going to be traveling but I'm ready and I hope you'll stay with me. Here's to closing my eyes-taking the next step-and cherishing all of the momentous occasions to come in 2013!

Now for a recap of pictures that make me giddy!


4 comments:

  1. I love your word for 2013! I'm going to be doing this too - I chose the word "Believe" and I think it captures a lot of what Cherish captures! Happy New Year - hope you have a wonderful time ringing it in tonight! xoxo, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Can't wait to read your post too. Happy New Year, I hope 2013 brings even more love to forever and a recipe!

      Delete
  2. Eyes wide open, Phebe, that way you can enjoy all of the wonderful things 2013 will bring you! Here's to the New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I decided to close my eyes (just for a second) to remind myself to have faith...I don't need to see the next step to know it's there. 2013 is going to be a great year for Nicole Montmarquet Photography, I can't wait to see all of those beautiful pics!!

      Delete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011