Dec 24, 2011

Day 2: Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve and I can't help remember that this would be my last Christmas Eve or Christmas for that fact in my 20's. As I reflect on nearly 30 years of tradition, family, and laughter I can't help but think about my sister. We would laugh and giggle until all hours of the night attempting to stay awake and catch a glimpse at the ole' big guy himself. My mom doesn't know this but when I was around 10 my sister spilled the beans...there was no Santa...puh I remember thinking. As I feel softly asleep I remember being awaken by my sister and practically dragged down my grandmothers staircase. To my surprise there was my mother sipping a glass of eggnog and wrapping presents with my grandmother and aunt. I think that image will forever live on in my memory.

I didn't know it but that day helped me to remember that Christmas wasn't all about the presents, it was the kindness and love from family that would carry me through anything in life.


Here we all are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011