Jan 2, 2012

Day 10: No resolutions for me!

21 days left until the big day and only the second day into the new year.  This year I admittedly and purposely didn't make a New Year's resolution list, why you ask because I can't think of a thing I'd like to change that I haven't already put in motion in 2011.

On the business side I made a promise to myself last year that I would embrace who Making ME is, a small firm looking to take on only 15 events a year with a focus in clients. Ah yes and of course it was finally time not just for my former clients to know me but for the wedding industry to know me as well, you see the thing about owning a business is you can't work in your little bubble. This is an industry that craves to know who you are!

Who am I....I'm 5'2, lover of black clothing, gap between my two front teeth, with a FIERCE AFRO. Yup in a nut shell that's me.  In a year I've risked it all and by God I've come out stronger than ever, it's as if I've emerged over the last year, finally becoming the woman that I've been dreaming about, finally becoming ME.

A little less than a year ago and only a few months into my business I decided it was time to make a change. I looked in the mirror and with a pair of scissors in hand I closed my eyes and said goodbye to my relaxed hair. A HUGE chunk of hair was gone and there was no coming back, I called my friend Sara and she finished the rest....what was left was....well nothing.

My hair also known as a woman's strength was gone, but strength was in the little hair on my head that was left. That hair represented the new me, the me that would come to accept herself as the square peg never quite fitting in the round hole, and the crazy love obsessed planner who would soon have a love affair with plates!  With my dream only steps in front of me I did it and the world is seeing me! My strength, my confidence, and my continued passion grows daily~as does my hair.








BEFORE





AFTER


TODAY!
photo credit: Summer Street Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011