Jul 25, 2010

Making ME Goes Interview Crazy!

Where do I begin? What do I need to know?

I’ve asked myself these very questions for nearly 5 years and believe me I have the books to prove I’ve been doing my research. Very early on I came to a conclusion I’m afraid, yes me the fearless go getter is afraid of failure. There is nothing more disheartening than to know you want something , you have all of the potential in the world to have it BUT the only thing that is standing in your way is YOU.

My journey begins by attempting to get my fears out of my way and for me to emerge with the strength, confidence and knowledge it takes to run my own business. True to my nature I had a 3 step plan that would start the process.

1.) Read my business books in their entirety and highlight any points of confusion
2.) Utilize the CRAVE Boston book to seek out women I need to know
3.) Interview business owners and ask questions…lots of questions

Tricia Cromwell an Independent Wardrobe Consultant was certainly a woman that I needed to know and after several emails we decided to meet in person. I had so much I wanted to ask her, below are a few questions I asked prior to our meeting.


When did you know you wanted to own your own business and what steps did you take in order to get there?

I knew I wanted to own my own business at 17 when I started working at a specialty store. I quickly became store manager and assistant buyer, and the owner really took me under his wings and showed me the ins and outs of running a store. Then in college, I studied under the Fashion Merchandising program, which introduced me to many more facets of the fashion business. I have always been motivated and a self starter, as well as independent in all of the jobs I've had, so making the transition to running my own company was always a goal of mine, and just a matter of time before I found my specific niche to go forward with.

What motivates or inspires you every day?

My daily motivation is accomplishment. I love the feeling of a setting a goal and a plan of action and seeing it all the way through to completion.

In our meeting I asked questions about liability, insurance, marketing and networking opportunities and to my surprise at the end of each question Tricia had an answer or helpful resources that could provide me with greater detail. I walked away having a deeper understanding of a supportive network comprised of friends and family, how to market my business, and the effectiveness of small business groups.

Tricia’s advice was powerful, motivating, and while she explained the difficulty and hard work it takes to sustain a business she was encouraging and that’s exactly what I needed. You could conclude that I too Trust in Tricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011