Jun 25, 2012

Monday: DIY Canvas Art work

Monday's are my favorite day of the week, yes you read that right! Monday's are the day when I get to proudly show off my latest DIY project to you and (hopefully) inspire you to begin or complete that DIY project that has been rolling around in your head or home for months.

As you know I've taken on the challenge of completely designing and revamping my bedroom with rehabbed or re-purposed items I've picked up or found around the house. This week I decided to work on adding some unique art work to my walls.

I had 2 old canvas art hangings that I just didn't have the heart to throw away, but I had no idea what to do with them....so they went into the dark hole of my walk in closet for about 2 years...waiting to become beautiful again. This weekend I had a "light bulb" moment, why not paint them and make them EXACTLY what I wanted!

The total cost of this project was: $0
Supplies:
White paint and roller
Painters tape
Gold Spray paint
Patience.....lots and lots of Patience!

Here's the step by step...enjoy!

#1 Identify 2 large pieces you'd like to rehab...below are mine





#2 Paint IT and let it dry! I chose white because I had an idea in my head of the look I was going for. Don't forget to paint the sides.





#3 Get creative, I decided to go with a chevron style strip because I love that pattern and new it would work well in my space.




#4 Spray paint it (OUTSIDE) and let it dry. It's extremely important that you (a.) do this outside and (b.) that you let it dry completely before handling it.

#5 Tear off the tape...



#6 Hang and Enjoy! Overall I'm extremely happy with the way this project came out, I found a way to reuse and enjoy something that otherwise would have been thrown away. I hope you're enjoying all of these fun projects, next week a DIY Tufted Headboard....yup we said it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011