Jan 21, 2013

My life in reverse-week 2


I loved every single second of last week, and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable picking up my camera and taking pictures.  Last week was filled with yummy food (some of which was even healthy!), lots of camera time, and even a little design time dedicated to our new bedroom.  The biggest news of the week, I finally got rid of my "carry" couch aka my sex and the city couch.  A few years ago when I was entering adult hood...ok more than a few years ago but please humor me, it was my first piece of furniture.  My girlfriends and I would pile on the "carry" couch watching endless episodes of sex and the city, eating pizza, and drinking lots and lots of red wine. It was the best time of my life, but that couch started to see better days and as we got older my "carry" couch seemed more like my ill-fitting college jeans than the beloved couch I used to know.  I no longer blogged on it yelling out carry quotes like "if women were ready, then what are we waiting for"? It was time, and for $50 bucks out it went!


Now let's talk bedroom design!  Now that we are "moving on up" and getting a king sized bed that means an overhaul of new bedding. I absolutely have color commitment, and I need to be able to change things up every couple of months to keep things fresh.  I went with a black & white color palette and a few romantic pieces like mercury glass vases, black frames, gray throw pillows, and even a mirrored jewelry chest.  Here's how I'll put it all together, I'll start with sheets (likely a bright color, perhaps even a purple), euro pillows, standard pillows, a light quilt, a comforter which has been covered by one of these beautiful duvets, and finish with throw pillows.  It's going to be beautiful!

Ok lovelies enjoy a few of my favorite pics/moments from the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011